Your roof is an essential part of your home. It protects you, your family, and your belongings from the elements. Your roof also adds curb appeal and can have a major impact on your home’s resale price.
As a homeowner, it is crucial to have the right roofer and the right materials. The choices are not as easy as we would like.
We’ll show you how to make your roof replacement project a success by explaining the 7 most popular types of roofing material. Continue reading.
What are the most popular types of roofing materials?
There are many styles and types of roofs. This also means that roofs can be made from a variety of materials. You must consider cost, appearance, durability, and possible structural problems when choosing the right materials.
These are the top 7 most-respected roofing materials.
- Asphalt composite shingles are the preferred material for American homes. They look great and come with warranties of 20-30 years. Also, it is easy to replace damaged shingles. Individual shingles last for 12-30 years. They are also extremely durable.
- Clay tiles make a great roofing material in hot and salty climates. They are the best choice for dessert and southern coastal areas. Clay tiles are extremely durable, but they tend to be more expensive than other roofing materials.
- Concrete tiles offer many of the same benefits as clay tiles but are cheaper and more customizable. Concrete tiles are one of the heaviest materials, so ensure your roof can withstand this weight.
- Metal shingles are usually made from aluminum or steel. They have been stamped and covered with mineral granules, or baked-on coatings. Metal shingles can be made to look like other types of shingles, so they are very customizable.
- Shakes or wood shingles are one of the most beautiful roofing materials. They aren’t very long-lasting or cost-effective. They are not the best choice for areas with high levels of wildfires or moisture.
- Slate roofs are perhaps the most durable roofing material. They are beautiful and can last for hundreds of years. These benefits come with a cost. It is one of the most costly materials, and only qualified professionals can install it.
- Roll roofing is a long roll of asphalt or mineral-imbued materials that has been covered with mineral granules. This thin roofing material is a fast, easy, and economical way to cover a sloped rooftop.
Which Roofing Material Is Most Durable?
Asphalt shingles are without a doubt the most durable roofing material. For homeowners looking for durable, economical roofing materials that can withstand the test of time, traditional 3-tab asphalt shingles are still the best choice.
Architectural asphalt shingles are gaining popularity due to their unparalleled customization and superior protection against weather and water penetration. Laminate shingles can also be called architectural shingles.
This post was written by a roofing specialist At All-Star Roofing. We offer the best Tampa roof repair in the Bay. We are a family-owned and operated roofing business, and we strive to be the best in our industry. Our family has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years, and our objective has always been to provide roofing services at a fast, reliable, and competitive rate. All-Star has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties.